If you’re not happy with the number of sales you’re making right now, it’s probably not because of what you’re selling. It’s probably because not enough people know who you are. It’s time you focus not on sales and selling, per se, but on exposure of what you have to offer. There’s an old saying that even the most inferior of products can outsell better products with better (and more) marketing. That said, this article is all about increasing your sales from increasing your exposure.
I have a saying that goes like this: EXPOSURE = LEADS = SALES.
Few to no sales most likely comes from you not being known, liked and trusted by enough people to buy from you. So, in order to boost sales, focus on boosting your EXPOSURE so you can be seen by more people. Being seen by more people gives you the chance at being liked by more people after they try what you have to buy. Increasing your exposure is one of the biggest solutions to your dismal sales record.
What do you do to increase your exposure?
There are several things, but focus in on the top 3 that work best for you:
- Video advertising … Put together an ad budget and plan to advertise consistently for 3-6 months. Test, adjust and scale your advertising every month until you’re reaching more people and your sales are up and to your liking.
- Video marketing … Make and post video messages, tours and trailers about what you do every day, every other day, weekly, … as long as its consistent and do this for 3-6 months straight. Don’t worry that you’re not making sales immediately. Like growing bamboo, it takes 5 years for it to plant its roots underground. Then, when it’s time, it shoots up to 90 feet in the air in 5 weeks! Wow! That’s amazing, eh? So, hang in there.
- Affiliate marketing … If you want to do this, you can get 1,000’s of people promoting you all over the web to their lists. In a matter of months, you could have more sales just because people are talking about you in exchange for a commission when they make a sale.
- Interviews … Get interviewed daily/weekly for 3-6 months in a row and see how many thousands of people you reach. After your 20th interview, consider scaling up and hiring a PR firm to book you on some nationally syndicated radio stations or even a TV show. Again, keep climbing that mountain of interviews until your exposure gets higher and more broader across more audiences.
- Social media posting participation … Create and automate postings on a variety of social media accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube. Participate in other people’s groups, comment on their postings drawing attention to who you are and what you have to offer.
- Webinar Trainings … Similar to getting interviewed, offer to train different groups with what you have to offer.
What other marketing tactics come to mind to expose what you do to thousands of people? Make note of them and act on them.
Other marketing and training reports here at MTC …
Check out these training reports I have here at MTC for more ideas on how to increase your sales by increasing the way you get exposure for what you do: