When it comes to recording audio for your website, in product form, etc., there’s a lot you should know. For starters, this checklist will help you get on the right track.
Determine what you want to record and why. For starters, here are some obvious reasons:
- Welcome message on your website’s home page …
- Individual pages (i.e., about us, contact us, products page, etc.) on your website …
- Audio products you can sell from your website, which you deliver digitally (via MP3) to customers after they pay for them.
- Audio products you’ll create into CD sets you will sell from your website, and deliver to the customer via regular postal mail.
- Telephone coaching calls you have with clients or large groups via tele-seminars.
Determine the best way to record that audio that fits your budget and recording style.
- Basic USB microphone plugged into your computer …
- High quality microphone plugged into an external USB external sound card device …
- A tele-conference line for recording interviews …
- A portable/digital recording device to record presentations and other recordings on the run …
Also, you will need to …
- Determine the audio recording software you’ll use to record audio, and learn how to use it.
- Determine the audio mixing software you’ll use to record audio, and learn how to use it.
- Learn how to look up, located and buy music loops and sound effects you can use to mix into your audio recordings to give them that professional sound to every one of them.
- Determine the audio recording equipment you’ll use to record audio, and learn how to use it.
- Use my personal recording tips and techniques to learn how to record the best audio for the purpose you need it for.
- Learn how to organize audio files on your computer so you know where they are.
- Determine how you will duplicate the audio you record so you can sell in large quantities.
- Determine how you will package the audio you record so you can sell it in packaged form.
- Learn how to create your own audio library you can sell from your site for profits in your sleep.
- Learn how to create your own audio books you can sell from your site for profits in your sleep.
- Determine all the other places you can sell your audio products for big profits.